A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Thursday, August 5, 2010

RRR School Shirt

What do you get when you cross your mother-in-law with a new hot pink "LOVE" shirt, a red apple, and "color safe" Clorox bleach? A peachy hot pink shirt with an apple stain and extra bleached out splotches giving it a tie-dye look. Now cross that with one frustrated Mom who must now decide what to do with the new school shirt and you get this...
I cut the front off the hot pink shirt and sewed it onto this shirt.
What's a shame is I already bought some black and white fabric for the blue shirt. The fabric pictured is from my stash. I figure I'll make some ruffle pants to match the shirt. It's also a shame that the orginial shirt was only worn twice for less then six hours total.

4 comments:

angiesraggedypatch said...

Jennifer~
I think you did a great job salvaging the shirt! Very creative idea! I hope you share pics of the ruffled pants!
Way to make pink lemonade out of lemons!!!
hugs~
angie

CJ said...

Great job, Jennifer!! "A mamas got to do what shes got to do"!
and yes, I want to see the cute lil' ruffled pants you are going to make with that adorable fabric, too :)
Hugz,
CJ♥♥

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great save! I think a pair of ruffle pants will look great with the LOVE shirt.

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! A seamstress after my own heart. Up-cycling an item that is usable into something new and awesome.. I love how the little shirt turned out.. I can hardly wait to see the little pants..
Thanks for sharing this sad but happy ending tale :)
M