A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pincushion Challenge - Pre-Assembled Photos

I'll just say better late then never or perhaps "Oops!" for not sharing the photos sooner.

I started off feeling like this was mostly it, but the color and amount of fabric just didn't
work for me so I actually only used two of the four colors shown.


And then I learned a little trick. When using spray adhesive and needing to cut your work out afterwards you can put plastic wrap over top of your pieces. Doing this I was able to cut my pieces out without my scissors and myself sticking to the fabric. Honestly I was dreading that nightmare and I'm so thankful I thought of using the plastic wrap.


I still didn't like some of my fabric choices so I pulled out paint and went to work. The ribbon was just for a little something extra. =)

I told you I painted it! Don't you hate it when you're in the middle of making something then must stick your neck out and try something new thinking, "I hope this doesn't just turn out to be a big mess"? Well that was my thought when painting these.


Tomorrow will tell how all of this turned out.

2 comments:

Jandi said...

I love the idea of using plastic wrap. I am going to have to try that!

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.