A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dj ~ PINCUSHION CHALLENGE ENTRY POST #9 ~ Jewelry box

I enjoyed this challenge so much, I made two pincushions. I decided to post this one as my entry. I had an old jewelry box laying around not being used. It had a blue velvet lining that I used as the bottom. I sewed my fabric to the lining and then placed it back in the bottom. I removed the lid and threw it away, it was pretty badly scratched and dinged up. I filled the bottom with silica sand which is good for keeping pins sharp. The top is fiberfill to make it more rounded. I put some silver cording I had around the top of the box to make it look more finished. Now I just have to keep it out of my daughter's hands!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love how classy you went. I REALLY debated between you and Mistea on who to vote for. Both of you made pincushions I wouldn't mind having next to my sewing machine. =)

CJ said...

DJ ~
This pincushion really turned how beautiful!! What an amazing idea! and I bet your daughter will end up with it! lol!! :)
(Did you ever get the apron back from her?!! hehe!)
Thanks for playing in the Challenge!
Hugz,
CJ♥♥