A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

PRACTICALITY PINCUSHION !!!

Well, I gave it some thought, trying to follow the guidelines. Since I do a little woodworking I started with a base:
Next I created the pincushion from "Freebird by MoMo" for Moda fabrics. I added a sweet little button in the middle...
Now, all you have to do is put the two together! It measures 4" X 4" and is stuffed with "scoopable" kitty litter. I've been making pincushions for a number of years and this is my favorite thing to use for a pincushion. It keeps the needles and pins nice and dry and has a good weight to it...

I hope you all like it. Lynne at Quilts and Cats

7 comments:

Mistea said...

What a clever lady you are - woodworking a surround for your pincushion so there are no ouchies coming out the bottom.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute idea! I love that you used kitty litter.

Cynthia L. said...

Never thought of using kitty litter. Right now the only litter I have is "used," so I don't think I will fill my pin cusion with it!

I like the end result of your work.

Unknown said...

Fantastic pin cushion.. its so elegant!! Yes very nice not having the ouchie things poking out at you :)
Thank you for sharing both of your talents with us.. the little wood frame is awesome...
M

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love the idea of using a wooden frame...and that little button is the perfect finishing touch. Well done.

CJ said...

Well, Ms Lynne ~ this is AWESOME!!! I like all that space for the pins, easier to grab them and find a place to stick them back in. I'm sooo glad someone used the kitty litter idea! lol!! :)
I make pincushions too and I use ground walnut shells. LOVE♥ it, you are so right about the pins sticking snug and the weight keeping the pincushion where you put it.
Hugz,
CJ♥♥

ladybug loves lilacs said...

I love this pincushion! Does the litter help the pins to stay sharp?