A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Monday, August 16, 2010

DORIS ~ PINCUSHION CHALLENGE ENTRY POST #8 ~ Cactus Pincushion




Hello Ladies this entry is from Doris.. she has asked me to post it for her.. because her computer is acting up a bit on her.. so here goes.. this is what Doris has to say :)

I didn't buy a thing to make this, not even more pins to stick in there ;-) I really wanted more pretty pins, but simply had no more as I'm not a seamstress.
This cactus is removable. Instead of crocheting a pot for the cactus, I decided to use one of my empty glass votive candle cups. I frequently buy candles in a glass cup and when they are empty, I wash them and keep them for another purpose. So, this cactus is crocheted and stuffed with fiberfill. I crocheted a red flower for the top and sewed a ladybug button on the side. I like it because you can fill the glass cup with extra pins or buttons or what nots for your sewing needs.
Hope you like it!

2 comments:

CJ said...

Doris ~
I'm so glad you took on the Challenge and played along with the group! I am always amazed at what you can do with yarn, your crocheting is sooo beautiful! Sooo, now I know pincushions can be made with yarn and this one is soo cute :)
Hugz,
CJ♥♥

Signe said...

This one is genius and so cute. Amazing :)