A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, August 15, 2010

CYNTHIA ~ PINCUSHION CHALLENGE ENTRY POST #4 ~ Knitted Bird's Nest & Eggs



Here is my pincushion!

I had originally found a pattern on Ravelry for a knitted bird nest and eggs, but the pattern was in a book and I knew I wouldn't be able to get the book ordered and shipped in time. (The book is Closely Knit: Handmade Gifts for The Ones You Love) So, I searched the web and found this pattern for a crochet bird nest and eggs. I can't find the link right now, of course! I used an Alpaca for the nest and Red Heart Aruba Sea for the eggs. I really like the Alpaca because it is sort of fuzzy and it gives the nest a texture. I am not sure if you can see it in the photos or not.

I had fun with this challenge and would love to do somethings like this again! Can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

Cynthia L.
HomeMatters1st.blogspot.com

1 comment:

CJ said...

Cynthia ~
This is a beautiful project! and I'm so glad you chose to make a knitted pincushion. Your knitting is so pretty. I LOVE how you displayed your pincushion for the picture:)
Hugz,
CJ♥♥