When I had it all Wonder Under(ed) on and blanket stitched down I was honestly impressed with how much it looked like the other backpacks I saw.
Size was an issue for me. Fine it fits a fold, but is that all I want it used for? I put a lot of work in it and wanted it to be a bit thicker then a folder. The backpacks I found online had the front and back pieces sewn together. I added a side/bottom strip to make it wide enough to hold a change of clothes (remember she's three and still has accidents), snack, cup or whatever else she might want to put in it. The line you see above the magnetic closure is the name strip. I'll never try it again (maybe I will), but I cut out teeny tiny letters and ironed them on. It was to small to sew around so I put no-fray over them and now I'm holding my breath they still look good by next year. **Don't mind the vet records. It was the only folder I could find. It would have helped if I found it before cutting the bag out; I played the guessing game on size.**
And here it is in action. The one thing I'm going to change is the strap length. They need about 5" taken off.
My daughter's turned out so well I actually made a second to sell on Etsy. I'm such a slacker though; I haven't put the lining in it yet. I guess the bonus to slacking off is easier access to the straps to shorten them the 5" like I'm going to do with my daughter's.