A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Block of the Month Block

I have finally finished my blocks for the Ning Pins and Needles site.
I joined in on the block of the month swap...
My blocks are now completed .... just in time to send off to the hostess... prior to Ning closing.
I had a really good time making these blocks.. but for some reason I was having a time of trimming them to the proper size. So I just cut all of them a tad big. That way the participants can cut them when its time. Usually a block will get frayed in transport and sorting this way the block will have nice and crisp edges when its time to sew them together..... After the final trim.
There were twelve of us in this block swap... Each person was assigned a month...
Mine was Oct :) Yes my favorite time of the year!!
I guess???? I should stop writing and show all of you what I came up with :)
Here is my Block for the Month of Oct ;)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute! I do the same by cutting them bigger. I would rather receive bigger blocks in the mail then get those that are .5" to small.

Unknown said...

Oh I hear you.. but if they are something you can add a border to they sometimes turn out very cute too :)
M

CJ said...

These are sooo cute, M! and I agree with Jennifer, leave them a little too large.
This makes me want to get out some Fall fabric and create :)
Hugz,
CJ♥♥

SharonZ said...

He's too cute!! Wish he was coming to my mailbox.

NadineC said...

If "Frankie" can be "cute," well then this is C-U-T-E! I might have to steal this pattern :-) Great work, APP!