A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Craft Fair Turned...

Hi ladies! How are you all doing? We've gone a while without posting so I thought it was a good time to give an update. A friend of mine asked me to do a craft show with her last Saturday. Seeing how I made several pillowcase dresses a while back I figured I was good and didn't worry about making anything more. My plan was to use the week before to make ribbon socks and some reversible aprons. My plan was slightly dashed by the long weekend and my parents visiting. However I got most of it done. I sewed all the aprons on the last day. When #2 was finished (minus top stitching) without the waist ties I was ready to call it a night. I think if you are up crafting late and something goes wrong it's time to shut off the lights and crawl into bed. However I REALLY wanted to wear one of the aprons so I pressed on and finished #3. Seeing how I was doing them all together (sew the ruffle on all, sew the neck ties on all, ect...) it didn't take long to finish the last one. When Saturday rolled around, Heaven help me... It wasn't a craft show, but a small flea market. Ack! Seriously it was a garage sale. There were 2-3 other people selling handmade items. My friend and I did manage to sell a few items, but it didn't go as well as it would have if it was an actual craft fair. We were also in the lovely Texas sun for hours. Can you say "sunburn"? We are looking into doing another one that is an actual craft show.

Now I'm heading upstairs to iron my fabric for APP Christmas block swap. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This apron turned out lovely and I love the fabrics.. That is too bad that all your hard work was for not. Better luck next time with that craft fair :)
Thanks for sharing.. I think all of us have been sort of like Zombies lately.. no pun intended.
M

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

The little socks are so adorable!! I would love to have some for my granddaughter. She's so tiny they would have to be newborn. The Hello Kitty is adorable! Please contact me through my blog.

Kay

Photography said...

Oh I love the apron! And the socks are so sweet! Do you need an overlocker (serger) to make them?

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Love the apron! I used the same fabric to make a Shoulder Bag for my sister back in September! I wish I had more of it!

http://sewsupersweet.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-still-want-to-party.html