A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, August 21, 2011

New pillows


We recently bought a new couch. I've always wanted a nice puffy couch with lots of pillows. I picked up a couple pillow forms at Walmart recently and decided to try my hand at pillow covers. I've never made a pillow cover before. For some reason I thought it would be difficult but I was very wrong. The hardest part was choosing the fabric. I found this dragonfly fabric at JoAnn's a few months back. I had no need for it, I just liked it. The back is cut from a flat twin sheet that I bought on sale. The colors work perfectly with our tan couch. Plus, I can change out the covers whenever the mood strikes me. I followed a simple tutorial over at Sparkle Power! I think I will make some quilted covers next.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Love your pillows

Unknown said...

awsome job. I made pillows to for a friend at work ...

Jennifer said...

Cute pillows! I was just looking at mine today thinking I REALLY need to make some that better match my couches. I'm going to go check out that link.

Val said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing this with us. Your pillows are great!

GardenOfDaisies said...

what pretty fabrics! I have made a few pillows too, and it seems more complicated than it is. I do mine envelope style like you do.

Sherry said...

Love your pillows! I just made my first pillow cover a couple of weeks ago. I forgot to take a picture though before they were given to the birthday girl.

Sherry